Delay in marriage after Engagement- will be discussing on some major reasons that leads to delayed in marriage after proposal
We can talk about delayed in marriage after proposal without knowing what relationship is and reasons why people go into relationship etc
An intimate relationship is an interpersonal relationship that involves physical or emotional intimacy.A treat to relationship involving changes in emotion (Mental illness)
Although it is a sexual relationship which is very different from *blood* relationship.
Emotional intimacy involves feelings of liking or loving someone and this may result to physical intimacy.
Intimacy involves feelings of emotional closeness and contentedness with another person.
Physical intimacy is characterised by romantic love, sexual activity or other passionate attachment..
Intimate relationship are often characterised by attitude of mutual trust, caring,and acceptance.
Emotional intimacy doesn’t automatically occur with sexual intimacy, as people who are sexual involved may not chose to share their innermost thoughts and feelings or the sexual relationship might be one where there is not a high degree of emotional intimacy.
Some factors that leads to building an emotional relationship
1. Knowing and liking yourself first
2. Trusting and caring
4.clear and open communication
5. Being Fidel to your partner
Now let’s discuss further before we start the main discussion
A healthy relationship makes u feel good about yourself and ur partner
You have fun together and u and your partner can be yourself
Commitment and time invested in a relationship can help to make communication easier and build trust.
If u pretend that everything feels good you partner will take the wrong cues.
The opposite of a healthy relationship is an abusive relationship.
Abusive relationship often revolve around control, fear, and lack of trust. They can involve threat, name calling, blaming, jealousy, violence among others.
*Let me just talk little about relationship boundaries and fear*…
*What is fear in relationship?* The fear of intimacy, also sometimes referred to as intimacy avoidance or avoidance anxiety is characterised as a the fear of sharing a close emotional or physical relationship….
*Some examples are:* Fear of falling apart, fear of rejection, fear of not being understood, fear of being judged, fear of being alone, fear of loss, fear of change, fear of ageing, fear of being overwhelmed, fear of your needs being ignored, fear of boredom, fear of lack of control, fear of failure, etc
What are healthy boundaries?
Having healthy boundaries means having a separate identity and being independent, while at the same time being connected and acknowledging the impact and importance you have on each other’s lives. When your relationship has healthy boundaries you feel safe, connected, and the boundary is flexible rather than set in stone.Why prayer is the key before getting a life Partner
Relationship boundaries have to do the those privacy u both agreed on Some people pple might agreed on not touching each others phones etc
Let’s go straight to the Juice… Now let’s talk about the main topic
Reasons that leads to delay in marriage after proposal/Engagement
Inadequate finance to fund the marriage
Discovery a secret the woman has kept from him
when the man is already enjoying from the lady things that should have waited until marriage
Wen d man sees another lady he thinks is better than his fiance
inferiority complex from the lady/ma
Wen the man can no longer cope the new attitude the woman is now putting on
When the man’s love begin to depreciate
inadequate preparation from the man
Lack of trust
Time nd distance
Lack of commitment
- Academic pursuit
Lose of respect due to over familiarity
- .Uncontrollable anger
- Sex during courtship
- Unreconcilable differences
- Family and friends undue influence
- Huge personality differences
- Lack of knowledge
- Lack of counsellors
Am going to be discussing few of those points though not all
1. *Financial limitations..* money required to go through with marriage and wedding as well as the responsibilities of building a family may be lacking.. this causes delay
2. *Doubts about partner..* sometimes people go into engagement prematurely without really confirming their decision to stay with their partner forever. Later this may raise doubts in the heart of the man and delay marriage
Especially if they begin to notice some unexpected character
3. *Lack of commitment* . Some partners may commit with an engagement ring but not with their actions.. they may focus more on career, family or other things they place as higher priorities.. rather than marriage
4. *Disagreements between families*.. marriage rites and or family values may cause disagreements between the families thereby delaying marriage..
5. *Disagreements between couple*.. unexpected fights and quarrel cud result from many areas including values, morals, career character and attitudes.. there by delaying marriage
For disagreements between families, other points that could cause disagreements include.. religious backgrounds, ethnic/political background, career of intending husband or wife,
6. *Infidelity*.. a cheating partner may commit to someone else and this may reduce interest in relationship resulting in procrastination and delay in going through with marriage
7. *Distance*.. a partner could travel far for education, business, job training etc …just after engagements. This may result in delayed marriage
8. *Time and chance*.. career oriented couple may be stuck in very demanding jobs or business that may take much of their time and commitment … Thereby delaying time to adequately plan and go through with weeding.
Reasons To Be In A Relationship
Giving and receiving love and care.
Family and children
Friendship and fun.
*These re some few reasons why people go into relationship*
296 total views, 5 views today