Senior Lecturers (Engineering) at the Nigeria Maritime University (NMU)
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment into the Academic position below:
Job Title: Senior Lecturer (CONUASS 05)
Departments: Mechanical, Marine, Civil, Electrical and Petroleum & Gas Engineering
- Candidates should possess a Ph.D Degree from a recognized university with at least six (6) years teaching, research and administrative experience in a tertiary institution.
- Candidates must have evidence of at least twelve (12) scholarly publications in both local and international reputable learned journals out of which 25% must have impact factor, plus with relevant professional bodies where applicable.
- Candidates must possess NYSC Discharge Certificate or Exemption Certificate or Certificate of Exclusion where applicable.
Conditions of Service
Salary, allowances and other conditions of service attached to this position are same as the approved Salary Structure for Federal Universities in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
6th October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Fifteen (15) copies of application with comprehensive Curriculum Vitae in a sealed envelope.
The Curriculum Vitae should include information on the following:
- Name of the Applicant in full (Surname first);
- Post Desired;
- Date and Place of Birth
- Email Address;
- Permanent Home Address;
- Current Postal Address;
- Marital Status;
- Number and Ages of Children (if any);
- Educational Institutions Attended (with dates)
- Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained (with dates and locations)
- Name(s) and address(es) of Previous Employer (s), stating status
- Name and address of Present Employer, Post, Date and Salary;
- Research Journal / Book Publications (where applicable)
- Administrative and Mentoring Experience (where applicable)
- Academic Distinctions / Special Awards (if any)
- Extracurricular Activities;
- Names and Addresses of three (3) referees, at least one of whom must be in a position to provide reliable academic/professional opinion about the applicant.
All Applications should be addressed and submitted to:
The Registrar & Secretary to Council,
Nigeria Maritime University, Okerenkoko,
P.M.B. 1005, Warri,
- Only shortlisted candidates would be invited for an interview.
- Applicants are strongly advised to note qualifications and cognate experience required for the post they intend to apply into so as to make sure that they are qualified.